May 18, 2020
Your product page on SAP App Center is your storefront to SAP’s 440,000+ customers who consider SAP App Center as the go-to marketplace to discover, try, and buy solutions from trusted partners like yourself. The content you display to market your app on SAP App Center is critical for customers to get the information they need in order to make a decision to purchase your product. The content needs to convince the customer that your solution best suits their needs. Placing time and effort into developing high quality content pays off.
Before we dive into each section, here are some general guidelines you should follow.
Remember - you’re selling a product, not providing detailed solution or technical information. Engage the customer by:
- Highlighting unique selling points, competitive advantages, and benefits.
- Focus on the business benefits - what the customer can do with the product and how the product benefits the customer or the customer ‘s company.
The goal is to encourage your customers to read about what you have to offer.
- The wording should be in plain English and in terms that our customers use.
- Position against your competitors and convince the customer that your product is the best one. Short, clear sentences that are easy to understand.
- Action verbs, active versus passive voice.
- Examples and images to breathe life into the description and engage the reader Up-to-date, relevant product resources.
- Allow the customer to more concretely understand the problem your solution solves by presenting the user with use-cases for your app wherever possible.
- Highlight how you can help, your differences and be specific.
- Add some quantitative measures like customer ratings.
- Technical jargon and complicated technical explanations.
- Overuse of acronyms or abbreviations.
- Claims of being “the best,” “the only,” “seamless,” “out of the box” – unless true Generic resources.
A ‘Get It Now’ button will always display upon publication and ‘Try free’ button will display only when products have a free trial. The ’Get it now’ button will trigger a ‘Contact Form’, requesting the customer to provide contact information. Once the ‘Contact Form’ is submitted, you the partner will be able to start the engagement with the customer.